Shackleford Diary - Ending, Beginning, and Middle
In This Episode:
The last entry of Ruth Shackelford's 1865 diary is on November 5, 1865 signifying the end of their journey from Missouri to California. But reaching this entry is only the beginning of the research on the Shackelfords' journey and the middle of mapping their 1865 path.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase from a Bookshop link.
- Covered Wagon Women, Volume 9 (Bison Books link)
- Kizh Nation
- Tongva Nation
- San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
- Morongo Band of Mission Indians
- The Mormon Corridor by Milton R. Hunter (1939) in Pacific Historical Review Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 179-200
- nodegoat research environment
- David Rumsey Map Collection, Georeferenced Maps