Shackleford Diary - The Rhyne Family
In This Episode:
A third family set out with the Shackelfords and Gatewoods from Clark County, Missouri on May 1, 1865. The family of Mr. Rhyne and his daughters. In this episode, a look at the Rhyne family from Ruth's diary and other sources, and the questions that are yet unanswered.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase from a Bookshop link.
- Covered Wagon Women, Volume 9 (Bison Books link)
- An Illustrated History of Los Angeles County, California (Hathi Trust link)
- Map of the County of Los Angeles, California, 1877 (Library of Congress link)
- U.S. Census records on FamilySearch.org (searchable by name and location)
- 1820 U.S. Census, Martin Rhyne (FamilySearch link)
- 1830 U.S. Census, Martin Rhyne (FamilySearch link)
- 1840 U.S. Census, Martin Rhyne (FamilySearch link)
- 1870 U.S. Census, Isaac Ryan (FamilySearch link)
- Great Register of California, Los Angeles County (FamilySearch link)
- 1850 U.S. Census, Isaac Rhyan (FamilySearch link)
- Days on the Road by Sarah Raymond Herndon (Google Books link)