Shackleford Diary - 1868 Map
In This Episode:
The 1868 map of the Shackelfords' route, the end of their epic journeys across the United States in the 1860s and of season 1 of The Helonaki Deep Dive.
Check out Shackelford Mapping website to stay up to date on the latest Shackelford mapping and research.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase from a Bookshop link.
- The Helonaki Deep Dive Patreon Page. For as little as $2 per month, you can support the podcast."
- Covered Wagon Women, Volume 9 (Bison Books link)
- Days on the Road by Sarah Raymond Herndon (Google Books link)
- New Map Of The Territory Of Arizona, Southern California And Parts Of Nevada, Utah And Sonora. (Ward 1877)
- Old Territory and Military Department of New Mexico. (U.S. Topographical Bureau, 1867)
- Colton's new map of the state of Texas. (Colton, 1872)
- Indian Territory, with part of the adjoining state of Kansas. (U.S. Army Corps of Topographical Engineers, 1866)
- Langtree's new sectional map of the state of Arkansas
- Lloyd's official map of Missouri
- The Butterfield Overland Mail. (Ormsby)